Wednesday, May 18, 2011


For the Last two weeks I have been trying ( pretty unsuccessfully) to learn Blender I've decided that not going to happen this semester and so am moving on.

Last week feedback from crit. Eyvonne said that she didnt understand the link to the form. My building function was good and program but the form was a bit random. I felt the same way and so we looked into how to improve this form.

In the process I decided to loose a couple of programs in my building; the rehab stay facilities were ditched and the Gym and coffee shop were replaced by more Integrative programs, a rehab workshop and a gallery where things made in the workshop would be sold.

with the help of Eyvonne Ive gone back, and established 3 Main areas of Importance:

the doctors/ admin/ therapy space ( fixed)
the visitor/ communal space (flexi)
and the Patient accom space (flexi)

It is important that the Fixed space be so because it is a supporting space. The Flexi spaces are supported spaces and so As long as they maintain contact with the fixed they are fine.

This brought up the Idea of Layers within a building. Supporting layers and supported layer.

also utilizing the cliff face was discussed and ways of using it as shelter. situating the patient accom as seperating, safe element

The Idea of flexi areas, and where can all programs exist was also discussed - All of these have been further explored in Model making excercised. And I think I have decided on A form which comes from the above discussed functions.




No comments:

Post a Comment