Sunday, May 1, 2011

All the Boring practical stuff now..


AUSTRALIAN STANDARDS :

Stemming from my previous design process and justification It has become apparent to me that my building will rely on proximity relationships and proportion/ spacial qualities. To realise the network/ node quality within my building, coupled with the practical compliance aspects of designing a public health building I believe that the use of walkways, landings, ramps, and hallways will be central to my design.


( with the exception of the possibility of a central escalator) I will try to use ramp and landings as ways of directing movement and compensating for level changes without the use of stairs. Its my idea that this will enhance connectivity when there are a large number of spaces. Practically this is desirable in terms of access. through this
interconnecting network of flat,

angled and twisting walking platforms movement through the building will hopefully feel organised and in some ways digital (as if in a video game or something.. im not really sure, just an idea on the networked movement of slime mould)







Even though its boring, looking into these standard now before I start to properly design is vital. Its a huge help when begining to design knowing proximity and space allowance in advance






These standard diagrams are the most important standard that will aid me in my design of walkways, landings ramps ect.

The importance of this facility as primarily a health facility means that provisions for disabled access are also central. Hopefully, people of all capacities will navigate through the building with ease.

No comments:

Post a Comment