Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Public space and site planning


After looking previously at site analysis and context within the city. Then Further exploring the issue of abandonment central to my
and settling on the issue of diffusion of responsibility ( by stander effect). I decided to design a treatment facility for mental illness and design my program. Based on this previous understanding Iv e looked into the site planning and bellow are those aspect I have emphasised as they bare significance to my topic:
Bellow is a final ( al be it unfinished and unlabelled ) layout of my site plan the above mentioned aspect have been of central importance during planning.

of Major importance is maintaining privacy and discreet existence of this building and its visitors within the surrounding urban environment. This site plan is at 1:1000 I chose to represent at this scale in order to highlight those aspects important to the site planning. at 1: 5000 allot of this detail went un noticed. for my presentation in week nine I will include both a 1:5000 and 1:1000 site plan I think if necessary as I think the 1:1000 is more effective

No comments:

Post a Comment